- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Method Steps
- 115g (½ cup) white sugar
- Heaped ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- Select all ingredientsAdd to shopping list
3 Method Steps
- Step 1Place sugar (115g (½ cup) white sugar) and 60ml (1/4 cup) water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, agitating the pan to ensure sugar has dissolved. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until sugar has hardened and turned deep golden brown at the edges.
- Step 2Sprinkle over bicarb (Heaped ½ tsp bicarbonate soda) and whisk to combine. Remove from heat. (The mixture will puff up). Set aside for 1 minute. Stir to break down the foam. Place dessert spoonfuls of the mixture onto a silicone baking mat. (This should make about 4 candies).
- Step 3Working quickly, spray a metal press or small, flat-bottomed metal bowl with vegetable oil to coat. Gently press 1 candy to flatten to 0.5cm thick. Gently press with a pastry cutter. Repeat process with the remaining 3 candies, spraying the press or bowl with oil each time. Set aside to cool completely before serving.