Download Article Co-authored by Hannah Madden
Last Updated: September 8, 2022 References
Download Article X
This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Hannah Madden. Hannah Madden is a writer, editor, and artist currently living in Portland, Oregon. In 2018, she graduated from Portland State University with a B.S. in Environmental Studies. Hannah enjoys writing articles about conservation, sustainability, and eco-friendly products. When she isnt writing, you can find Hannah working on hand embroidery projects and listening to music.
There are 8 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
This article has been viewed 20,941 times.
When your friend has a new crush, you probably know all about it. Talking, texting, and gushing about them all the time is totally normalbut taking the next step might feel a little scary for your friend. You can be a good friend by putting on your detective hat and seeing if the feeling is mutual.
Here are 10 clever ways to ask someone if theyre crushing on your friend.
1Be straight up.
Its the easiest way to figure out if someone likes your friend. Make sure you get your friends permission before talking to their crush. If your friends okay with it, simply walk up to your friends crush and pop the question. Try to do it privately so they dont feel like theyre on the spot. X Research source Go to source
- You could simply ask, "Hey, do you like Breanne?"
- Keep in mind that your friends crush might be too shy to admit their feelings to you, so they might say no, even if they dont mean it.
2Send a quick text.
Use this less invasive option if the person is a little shy. Your friends crush might feel better about admitting their feelings if you shoot them a text or DM. If you have their number, just ask them who they have a crush on or if they like your friend. X Research source Go to source
- Send a simple text like, "Hey, do you have a crush on anyone?"
- If the answer is yes, you can forward the good news to your friend! If the answer is no, you can slowly but surely convince your friend to set their sights on someone else.
3Drop a hint.
Casually mention that your friend thinks the crush is cute. You dont have to spill all your friends secrets (like how they write about their crush in a journal every night), but you can give their crush a clue. Put your friend on their radar by saying something like: X Research source Go to source
- "You probably already know this, but Jessica thinks youre cute."
- "Have you talked to Brian lately? I think he kinda likes you."
4Inquire about their love life.
Ask if theyre dating anyone to get a read on the situation. If theyre talking to someone or hanging out with someone else, you can probably tell that they dont like your friend. If they make it clear that theyre single, though, your friend still has a chance! X Research source Go to source
- Say something like, "So, are you dating anyone?"
- Or, "Hows the love life been lately?"
5See if theyre looking for a relationship.
If your friends crush is single, it might be by choice. Ask them a few questions to see if theyre looking for someone to date or if theyre not super interested. If they are open for a relationship, your friend still has a chance! X Research source Go to source
- Say something like, "Youve been single for a while now. Are you looking for a new girlfriend?"
- Or, "I heard that you and your boyfriend broke up. Are you taking a break from the dating scene for a while?"
6Ask if they have a type.
Someones type is an insight into who they might like. If your friends crush describes your friend to a tee, theyre probably a good match! You can also ask about people theyve dated in the past to get a better read on who they might like. X Research source Go to source
- Ask something like, "Do you have a type?"
- Or, "What kind of people do you normally date?"
7See if they have a crush on anyone.
Slyly ask your friends crush if they like your friend. Try asking your friends crush who they like or who theyre eyeing right now to get a read on the situation. Dont push it too hard, or you might be a little obvious. X Research source Go to source
- Say something like, "Do you have a crush on anyone?" Or, "Who do you like?"
8Give a hypothetical about who theyd date.
Its a great way to ask if they like your friend while staying lowkey. Phrase it in a way that makes it seem totally crazy. You can keep it lowkey while still getting a straight answer out of your friends crush. Try not to make it obvious, and say something like: X Research source Go to source
- "If you absolutely had to date one of my friends, who would you pick?"
- "If you had to, which of my friends would you ask out on a date?"
9Ask if they want your friends number.
Be a good wingman by setting the two of them up. Check in with your friend first to make sure its okay. Then, offer to text your friends crush your friends number so they can hang out later. If they say yes, its a good sign! X Research source Go to source
- Say something like, "Hey, I could give you Taylors number if you want it."
- Your friend might be embarrassed about this at first, but theyll be grateful later on when they get a fun text from their crush.
10Compliment your friend.
If their crush agrees, its a great sign! Try hinting about how cool or awesome your friend is when their crush is around. You could compliment their school work, their outfit, or how kind they are. Try something like: X Research source Go to source
- "Elaine always wears the coolest outfits to school."
- "Its crazy how smart James is. Hes probably the smartest guy in our school."
- Your friends crush might not want to talk about their feelings with you if theyre shy. Your friend might have better luck asking on their own.
- If your friends crush doesnt like them back, you can tell them gently that they might want to find someone new to crush on.
You Might Also Like
How toTell Your Best Friend You Love Her
How toSeduce Your Friend
How toMake Your Guy Friend Want to Date You
How toTell Your Guy Friend You're in Love with Him
How toGo from Dating to Being Friends Again
How toDeal With Falling in Love with Your Best Friend (for Guys)
How toCope When You Both Like the Same Guy and He Might Like You
How toBe Close Friends With the Guy You Like
How toAsk a Friend on a Date
How toGet a Female Friend to Make the First Move
How toMake a Female Friend Love You
How toTell Your Friend Their Crush Doesn't Like Them
How toDate a Friend
How toTurn a Friend Into a Lover
- https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/how-to-set-up-friends-blind-datingMore References (1)
About This Article
Co-authored by: Hannah Madden wikiHow Staff Writer This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Hannah Madden. Hannah Madden is a writer, editor, and artist currently living in Portland, Oregon. In 2018, she graduated from Portland State University with a B.S. in Environmental Studies. Hannah enjoys writing articles about conservation, sustainability, and eco-friendly products. When she isnt writing, you can find Hannah working on hand embroidery projects and listening to music. This article has been viewed 20,941 times. Co-authors: 7 Updated: September 8, 2022 Views:20,941 Article Rating:32% - 10 votes Categories: Dating and Friends In other languagesBahasa Indonesia:Memancing Seseorang untuk Mengakui Rasa Sukanya kepada Teman Anda Español:preguntarle a alguien si le gusta tu amigo Português:Perguntar a uma Pessoa se Ela Gosta de um Amigo Seu Deutsch:Jemanden fragen ob ihm dein Freund gefällt Nederlands:Vragen of iemand een vriend(in) van je leuk vindt العربية:سؤال شخص إن كان معجبا بأحد أصدقائك ไทย:10 วิธีอันชาญฉลาดในการถามบางคนว่าพวกเขาชอบเพื่อนของคุณหรือเปล่า Tiếng Việt:10 cách khéo léo để hỏi xem ai đó có thích bạn của bạn hay không Français:demander à quelqu'un si ton ami(e) lui plait 한국어:내 친구를 좋아하는지 물어보는 방법 日本語:自分の友達に好意を寄せているか相手に尋ねる Türkçe:Birine Arkadaşından Hoşlanıp Hoşlanmadığını Sormak हिन्दी:पूछें किसी से कि क्या वो आपके दोस्त को पसंद करते हैं (Ask Someone if They Like Your Friend) Italiano:Chiedere a Qualcuno se ha Interesse nel tuo Amico 中文:打探某个人是否对你的朋友有好感
- Send fan mail to authors Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 20,941 times.