Brain and Mind both are confused with as the same thing and are used interchangeably. What is the use of hardware if there will be no software? Will it work? Similarly, the brain is hardware that is incomplete without a mind.
Readers who read this also read:
- Difference Between Mind and Soul
- Difference Between Human and Sheep Brain
- Difference Between Brain and Sense
The brain allows to do functioning the body but the energy, the thoughts it gains from the mind. The mind works like software and does all the rational thinking.
Table of Contents
- Mind vs Brain
- Comparison Table Between Mind and Brain
- What is Mind?
- What is Brain?
- Main Differences Between Mind and Brain
Mind vs Brain
The main difference between the Mind and Brain is that the Mind is not a physical organ in the body, whereas the brain is the physical and most complex organ of the body which can be seen and touched. The brain is something that coordinates the bodys movement and thoughts. Mind defines how a person thinks, understands, and his conscience.
Mind is a mental and intangible thing that is like software. It cannot be touched and felt. It has no definite shape and structure. It defines how a person understands certain things and his thought process. The mind produces energy, and without the mind, the brain is useless. It is a hypothetical thing which is which gives us the energy to think.
The brain is a tangible and complex organ of our body that is not hypothetical. It is a physical thing that can be touched and felt. It has a definite shape and structure and is made up of thousand billion of nerve cells and billions of blood vessels. Its function is to coordinate the movements and feelings of the body.
Comparison Table Between Mind and BrainParameters of ComparisonMindBrainDefinitionMind is an intangible and mental thing that physically doesnt exist.The brain is the physical and tangible organ in our body.ShapeIt has no defined shape and structure.It has shape and structure.FunctionMind is responsible for how we think, how we understand and process things.The brain is something that helps us in coordinating the movements, feelings and is called the center of the nervous system.TouchThe mental thing that doesnt present physically cant be touch.Yes, it can be touched and felt by the hands.ProductionSince the mind doesnt exist physically, it has no blood vessels and nerve cells.Since the brain is a physical thing, it is made up of blood vessels and nerve cells.
What is Mind?
The mind, which is often known same as the brain, is not a physical organ present in the body. It is just a mental thing that cannot be touched and felt. It doesnt have any shape or structure. Unlike brains, it is not up of any blood vessel and nerve cells. Mind is only supposed to be in the brain. The mind cannot get any disease.
Mind is something that provides us energy to think, process, decide, evaluate and perceive things. The brain just responds to these energies. Without a mind, the brain is useless. Mind ensures us that we have that energy to think, and its our aliveness.
It consists of three levels that are Conscious, Subconscious, and Unconscious. The conscious mind is referred to immediate experiences. Mind is one of the most powerful things, which can create or destroy. It has no limits on how much we think or what wonders we can think. Mind is limitless.
What is Brain?
The brain is a tangible, physical organ of our body. Unlike the mind, it can be touched and felt. It is made up of blood vessels and billions of nerve cells. It has a definite shape and structure and has weight. It weighs around 3 pounds, and it contains 60% of fats. It is the central nervous system that coordinates the movement of our body. It translates the actions, the feelings, the content of the mind, such as thoughts, beliefs, and imagination. It is supposed to be in the head, and unlike the mind, the brain can get the disease and get diagnosed with any medical condition.
It is responsible for all receiving and distributing the information to the body parts. It is the most complex organ which produces our memory, thought, expression, and actions. It is divided into 3 main parts-cerebrum, the cerebellum, and the brainstem.
The cerebrum is the largest part of the brain, whereas the cerebellum is situated just below the cerebrum and coordinates movements. The brainstem is responsible for the connection of the cerebellum and cerebrum to the spinal cord.
Main Differences Between Mind and Brain
- Mind is a hypothetical and mental thing that does not exist, whereas the Brain is a tangible and physical thing that is an organ in the body.
- The mind has no definite shape and structure which can be touched, whereas the Brain has a shape and structure which can be touched.
- Since the mind is not physically present, there is no question for its production whereas Brain exists and it is made up of thousand billion of nerve cells and millions of blood vessels.
- The mind has three main levels that are conscious, subconscious, and Unconscious, whereas the Brain has three different parts that are cerebellum, cerebrum, and brainstem.
- Mind is used for rational thinking, and its the thought process of a person, how a person thinks and understands, whereas the Brain is responsible for coordinating the movements and actions of the body. Without a mind, the brain is useless.
Mind and brain are always be confused with one another until one knows the actual difference between them. They are often used as same and thought as same. But one needs to know that the mind is a metaphysical thing that only exists hypothetically. It is associated with rational thinking and associated with logic, judgments, and perception of how we see things.
The brain, on the other hand, physically exists and is a part of our body that is situated inside the head. The brain is a very complex organ and is a central nervous system that translates the mind and coordinates the movements.
- https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301008206000207AskAnyDifference HomeClick hereSearch for "Ask Any Difference" on Google. Rate this post!